The ocean is the home of many different fish, sea mammals, and other oceanic organisms, but what about humans? There are many jobs that pertain to the ocean that humans have, and therefore the ocean allows them to pay for their home. If you think about it that way the ocean serves as the basis of many humans own homes. Without the ocean many humans would be out of work and without a home. You can find a job that involves the ocean in just about any subject or background. From the infamous life of a whale/dolphin trainer, to the not so glorious life of a fisherman the ocean serves as a beacon of life in more ways than one.
Marine Biologists
One occupation that involves the ocean extensively is a Marine Biologist. Marine Biologists are not always just whale or dolphin trainers like most people think. They actually are anyone who studies, protects, manages, or observes marine organisms. Many Marine Biologists are responsible for exploring and discovering new organisms of the not very known deep sea. They research the behavioral patterns of sea creatures and study what the animal eats and does in their environment. Very few Marine Biologists actually become dolphin or whale trainers, the likelihood of becoming one is like becoming a rock star.
Environmental Enforcement Officer
The ocean of course is shared by all the continents of the earth, and therefore needs to be kept clean and unpolluted to ensure the safety of every continent. To make sure this happens the career as an Environmental Enforcement Officer was created. Their job is to find ways to protect the ocean from pollution. They do this by finding and correcting sources of pollution, and finding new ways to prevent oceanic pollution from happening. These people aren't as involved with the wildlife as other careers, they are kind of an underground career dealing with the ocean that doesn't recieve much glory.
It seems to me that the ocean is a very important role in many humans lives as well as in sea creatures lives. There are a whole abundance of different jobs that you can choose from. Just in Marine Biology alone there are tons of different and creative jobs. Marine Biology has so many different opportunities for employment that no matter what you're interested in you could probably find a job doing it in Marine Biology. I think that being a whale or dolphin trainer would be one of the coolest jobs, but not many people get that chance.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Jamie,
I really like the background information that you give, like how the Enviornmental Enforcement Officer job was made. There are so many jobs out there, it really is amazing how it affects each and every person on earth. It would be really difficult to get some of these jobs. I agree.
Billy
Jamie-
Wonderful descriptions of two very interesting jobs. Environmental Enforcement positions will most likely increase in the near future with everyone thinking and doing things to be "greener." Positions like that will become for important as time goes on and we need to protect our natural resources. It's something that we definately could use even more of today.
Wonderful post. I really enjoyed your opinion at the end. Learned a lot through your post.
Rachel
Hey Jamie,
That was really good. I totally agree with you, it would be awesome to be a dolphin trainer. I mean how sweet; swimming in a pool all day playing with a dolphin. Nice work
Keri
Jamie,
It was really interesting how you introduced your post's topic. You really provided a detailed and new perspective of a marine biologist. Also, likelihood is one word and is spelt with an 'i' instead of a 'y'. Typos don't take any importance away from your writing, but I thought you might want to know for next time. I really enjoyed learning about Environmental Enforcement Officers. It is a very interesting career that isn't well known by the public. I also enjoyed your personal input at the end.
~Lindsey~
Your background information was excellent. There are an abdunance of jobs out there and it is really mind boggling. Getting some of those jobs seem very difficult.
the one and only
Nick
jamie, you had great detail and it was really descriptive. i enjoyed reading this one a lot. i like how you always put good opinions in at the end as well.
nice
HAILEYROSE THOMA
hhmmmm...yes...the ocean. I learn quite alot about that back when i was a young chap. It was great.....never really understood it. Its like a lake but bigger. I just some people get their jollies off of it. Well, nice job
-Dustin
I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way, because I really enjoyed your post. I just thought I'd let you know. I agree, everyone does make mistakes. :)
Post a Comment